This is a record of the Migrant Birds(non-raptor) observed from my home in Na Ngua, Phetchabun, Lower Northern Thailand for Autumn 2019. Migrants usually start arriving in early September.
All the birds featured here have been seen in my garden, overhead, or very nearby. They are either on passage(heading further south) or will remain in the local area until around April next year.
Here is a list of the species observed with the date that they were first seen. I shall add to this post as and when any new migrants arrive. Images, where available, may be viewed by clicking on the birds name.
- Chinese Pond Heron(Ardeola bacchus) usually only showing non-breeding plumage this year the first bird was still showing breeding colours. Spotted at dusk flying from a NNE direction. This year the first record was made on 24th August 2019.
- Brown Shrike(Lanius cristatus) my earliest sight of this patch regular. This year the first record of a female was made on 30th August 2019.
- Yellow-rumped Flycatcher (Ficedula zanthopygia) A rare passage migrant that is a new bird for me. This year the first record of a female was made on 30th August 2019.
- Grey-headed Lapwing(Vanellus cinereus) An uncommon passage migrant here. This year the first record was made on 6th September 2019.
- Common Snipe(Gallinago gallinago) rarely seen here and then only on passage. This year the first record was made on 6th September 2019.
- Common Kingfisher(Alcedo atthis) Present at a pond near my house in winter. This year first record was made on 12th September 2019.